- Identifies, monitors and provides views on key regulatory and best practice developments likely to affect CFA UK members
- Investigate and assess developments related to market integrity and professional standards likely to affect members and determine whether CFA UK should undertake any necessary action
- Engage CFA UK members on matters relating to market integrity and professional standards e.g developing the society's positions
- Draft responses, position papers and other materials covering market integrity and professional standards
- Provide input to CFA Institute for use in international issues.
Accomplishments in 2015/16
- Discussions around the Market for Research and MIFID II was a key topic as Buy Side firms and investment practitioners addressed changing regulation for access to Sell Side Research
- Focused on the Value of the Investment Profession as it stepped up with the start of a multi year project
- Position papers were published on Termism and Fees. We believe these papers are relevant as we engage with the FCA regarding their Asset Management Market Study
- Letter to FCA re Terms of Reference for the Asset Manager Market Study where we provided some thoughts on the competitive and diverse nature of Asset Management
- Letter to FCA re Consultation DP16/3 where we believe that there is a need to improve the timeliness and availability of Information in the UK Equity IPO process
- Supported the society’s third Professionalism Conference with launch of Value of Investment Profession Initiative
- Further work on remuneration (using full FTSE 350 group of companies) is being carried out in collaboration with Lancaster University Management School.
- New committee advisor James Crawshaw appointed.
Areas of focus for 2016/17
- Value of Investment Profession Committee to be established as a subcommittee of the MIPC to carry out research and consultation with members/profession on how asset management professionals add value to investors/savers.
- Follow up from remuneration study with event/publication under consideration.
- Consideration of impact of Brexit on UK based financial professionals.
- Further engagement/dialogue with FCA on a range of matters
This committee is currently recruiting volunteers who are representative from sell-side, investments consultants and asset owners. To volunteer your services, please email a covering letter and your CV to the society's chief executive.