CFA UK promotes the highest standards of ethics, education and professional excellence in order to serve society’s best interests.
Founded in 1955, CFA UK represents around 12,000 investment professionals and comprises part of the worldwide network of member societies of CFA Institute (the global, not-for-profit association of investment professionals that awards the CFA designation). We actively promote the highest standards of ethics, education and professional excellence. As well as providing comprehensive continuing professional development, we advocate professionalism across the investment industry. Most importantly, all our members pledge to act in their clients’ interests with integrity.
CFA UK is the awarding body for the Investment Management Certificate (IMC), the UK’s leading entry level qualification for investment professionals. We also support the CFA Program and the Investment Foundations Program, which are awarded by CFA Institute. CFA UK supports the ASIP designation that was awarded to those passing the Associate examinations of the IIMR.
To build a better investment profession.
To promote the highest standards of ethics, education and professional excellence in order to serve society’s best interests.
- Lifelong Learning
- Set high standards and provide support for attaining threshold competency
- Develop competency frameworks for investment management careers
- Leading CFA members globally in implementing an output based CPD model.
- Connecting Professionals
- Encourage members to support and understand our goals
- Provide satisfying volunteering opportunities
- Co-ordinate with CFA Institute to continue to deliver a memorable membership experience
- Advancing Professionalism
- Advocate for and advance professional and ethical standards
- Represent the investment management profession
- Develop members to be ambassadors of professionalism
CFA UK is a member of the CFA Societies Passport Program which allows members of participating CFA societies to attend other's society events at the local member price. When you travel, contact the local society using the Society Directory to learn about eligible events and other networking opportunities.