The CFA UK Nominating Committee is inviting nominations for two vacancies expected to arise on the Society’s Board from November 2022. The deadline for nominations is 27 June 2022.
We are actively seeking nominations of Regular Members of the Society, but you do not need to be a CFA Charterholder and you can nominate yourself. We are looking for people who can contribute effectively to robust strategic thinking and operational oversight. The Board is committed to creating diversity and is looking to increase diversity on the basis of gender, geographic origin, ethnicity, age and other factors.
For the current vacancies the nominating committee is likely to prioritise selection of individuals who can demonstrate one or more of the following experience:
- Financial oversight (including potentially FX experience) – ensuring effective governance and oversight of an organisation’s financial position, resources and prospects and its system of controls and risk management
- Sales and marketing
- An understanding of how those working across the investment community acquire skills and knowledge through qualifications, professional learning and training and experience in assessing educational needs and opportunities
- Society knowledge gained through other volunteering activities or experience of building community within a membership organisation.
Responsibilities and activities
- Act as a statutory director of the society, complying with the general duties of directors, acting with integrity and upholding the board’s code of conduct
- Prepare for and attend one board meeting per quarter (generally held in London on a Tuesday evening but also accessible remotely), a longer annual strategy meeting in person and the society’s annual general meeting
- Undertake other volunteering roles as appropriate, for example as a member or chair of one or more of the society’s committees and/or as an officer of the board
- Attend society and CFA Institute events in order to represent the board and the society and to engage actively with our members
- Undertake an initial induction programme and subsequent development activities in order to ensure you have, and keep up to date, the right knowledge and skills to perform the role
- Commitment for a maximum term of six years
There are many benefits to giving your time to being part of a board, and your involvement in the CFA UK board not only helps you to raise your profile but also allows to be part of an organisation which moves the dial in your profession.
You will gain:
- Satisfaction from making a difference to the long-term strategy and prospects of CFA UK
- Deeper insight into the society and CFA Institute
- Enhanced profile from being part of the CFA UK board
- Development of your leadership and governance skills through our board induction programme and other development activities
- Recognition for your contribution in shaping and delivering services to the membership
- The “shared experience” of volunteering – you can learn more about what to expect from volunteering in our FAQs.