The achievements of the CFA UK Gender Diversity Network have been recognised by the Global Diversity List 2016 in the Top 10 Women's Employee Networks category - celebrating employee network groups established to work on gender diversity within organisations.
The 2016 Global Diversity List work to create the definitive global diversity standard that covers every strand of diversity, in every country, in the world.
The CFA UK Gender Diversity Network was established in 2013 and has since grown to become the largest community group within CFA UK. The CFA UK Gender Diversity Network leads the provision of professional development for diverse women in investment, drives the promotion of investment as a career for young women, and informs decision makers, senior leaders and the public about the benefits of diversity in the investment profession.
Success in leading and enhancing diversity and inclusion efforts can be demonstrated in many ways - the judging criteria was based on:
- Activities to recruit, retain, and professionally develop individuals who increase the diversity of their organisation, with particular emphasis on under represented groups and levels
- Activities to create leadership teams and organizations that promote a diverse and inclusive culture
- Sponsorship or active promotion of programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion
- Collaboration with other organisations, NGOs or community groups in the creation, sponsorship, and implementation of programs, initiatives, or projects in the area of diversity and inclusion
- Recognition and celebration of exemplary individual and team behaviors that promote diversity and inclusion
- Demonstration of emerging or sustained commitment to the values of diversity, inclusion, and multiculturalism by documented efforts that are above and beyond the routine expectations of the job or project
- Evidence of exceptional efforts to promote a working environment that is free from bias and discrimination and that celebrates diversity
CFA UK Gender Diversity Network is open to everyone - to join this community email firstname.lastname@example.org