- To review and ratify proposed changes to the IMC syllabus to ensure that it reflects changes to relevant regulations and practices
- To review and ratify new questions for inclusion in the IMC question bank
- To ensure that the questions used in each examination are valid and correct
- To review suspect and commented questions from each sitting and, where necessary, agree amendments
- To ratify the results of each sitting of the IMC
- To review and ratify proposed changes to the IMC OTM
- To review all policy issues relating to the IMC and propose any necessary changes to the society’s examinations and education committee.
Accomplishment for 2016/17
- We developed the IMC's coverage of Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) investing
- The IMC Panel welcomed five new members from a range of different investment specialisms
- We worked with investment specialists to update the coverage of property investment management.
Areas of focus for 2017/18
- We will continue to update the IMC syllabus to reflect current trends within the investment management industry
- We will develop the briefing material available to new panel members.
- We will look for further opportunities to engage with investment specialists on potential syllabus developments
Ensuring that the IMC syllabus reflects the continually changing investment landscape is an important goal for the coming year.