- Contribute to Board’s development and realisation of a vision for member engagement and membership growth.
- Support and advise the staffed office on measures to improve member engagement and initiatives to promote membership growth.
- Devise strategies with the staffed office to support the Board’s priorities for enhancing the volunteer experience and increasing volunteers’ contribution to the society’s success.
- Lead and support the development of the Ambassadors Program and Special Interest Groups.
- Advise on membership feedback surveys to inform satisfaction with the membership value proposition.
- Liaise with all member services committees to be aware of developments that affect the membership experience.
- Review and advise the Board and staffed office on all policies relating to membership and volunteers.
Areas of focus for 2017/18
- Communicate feedback from the 2017 CFA UK member survey to the appropriate internal stakeholders and recommend improvements to services based on members’ feedback.
- Create a framework for unbundling and measuring the value of CFA UK membership to better articulate value to members, increase engagement and inform resource allocation.
- Strengthen the governance of the Ambassador Council and further shape, clarify and communicate the value proposition of the Ambassador Program.
- Propose and implement a new framework to streamline and more effectively engage Special Interest Groups with the aim of encouraging stronger communities.
- Inform and support staff on the value proposition for life-long learning to improve membership retention and growth in the IMC and CFA candidate membership categories.