Applications for the 2020 mentoring Programme are now closed.
CFA UK Mentoring is a volunteer-led programme that supports members in developing skills to grow and advance their careers. The programme assigns a suitable investment professional as a mentor to support, nurture, challenge and provide opportunities for mentees to realise their career goals.
Watch Minesh Gajjar, CFA, talk about the benefits of becoming a mentor
Watch James Crombie, CFA, talk about the benefits of being a mentee
Why become a mentor?
Develop leadership and coaching skills
Enhance your communication and networking skills
Gain new perspectives and fresh ideas
Shape the investment professionals of tomorrow
Why become a mentee?
Increase confidence and self-awareness
Develop a clear focus on career development goals
Access to an impartial sounding board
Expand professional and personal networks
| Benefits of CFA UK Mentoring
Five steps to successful mentoring
The CFA UK Mentoring Programme is designed to help mentees with specific goals, which can be achieved through the help of an experienced industry mentor. Please note, it is not intended to be a direct recruitment tool by either mentor or mentee.
We are looking for:
An investment professional who is willing to share their knowledge and experience and assist a mentee in identifying their goals and attaining them.
- Members of CFA UK who are working in the investment industry
- Able to commit to one-to-one mentoring with monthly face-to-face meetings
- Personable, a good listener and highly organised
- Demonstrable leadership based on the CFA key ethical foundation
- Willing to assist in the development of others
Initial training on how to be an effective mentor will be provided at the launch event so do not be concerned if you have not mentored anyone. Apply by completing the application form online and emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for:
A CFA UK member wishing to expand their current knowledge of the investment industry and can do so with support from a mentor.
- Members of CFA UK who hold a CFA, IMC, ASIP, FSIP or Affiliate designation
- Willing to commit to one-to-one mentoring in person to gain valuable experience from their mentor
- Prepared to drive the programme; establish goals, schedule monthly meetings and set the agenda for those meetings
- Is receptive to feedback and ready to assume responsibility for own growth
Mentees are responsible for their own success and are expected to drive the mentoring relationship. Initial training in how to be an effective mentee will be provided at the launch event. Apply by completing the application form online and emailing your CV to email@example.com