Applications for the 2019 programme are now closed. Applications for the 2020 programme will open in January 2020.
Apply to join the 2019 CFA UK Mentor Programme. This CFA UK volunteer-led programme matches mentees with mentors who are best suited to them in terms of their professional experience and ability to support them in achieving their career progression goals.
The CFA UK Mentoring Programme 2019 will run for 9 months from April 2019 until December 2019.
The programme provides an environment for impartial advice from mentor to mentee and facilitates the exchange of knowledge and experience.
Why become a mentor?
Develop leadership and coaching skills
Enhance your communication and
Build new networks with your fellow
Give back to the investment industry community
Why become a mentee?
Receive one-to-one coaching towards a personal
Guidance from a more experienced investment professional
Build new networks with your fellow mentees
Benefits of joining the CFA UK mentoring programme
Kick-off event featuring initial training
Thoughts from 2018 mentors and mentees
"Meeting someone new, getting to know them and helping them make decisions about their career is very rewarding. The programme also gave me the opportunity to develop my own soft skills. Being a helpful mentor requires active listening and giving clear, actionable feedback. Finally, the mentee I was paired with was able to teach me about a fascinating, growing area of the investment market."
How does the programme work?
- Apply as either a mentor or mentee by the deadline of 3 March 2019.
- Mentors and mentees will be matched based on suitability in terms of career stage, role type and identified goals.
- Applicants will be contacted by the end of March 2019 to let them know if they have been successfully matched.
- All matched mentors and mentees will be asked to attend the kick-off event in London on the evening of 1 April 2019.
- Each pair will agree on the mentee goals and outcomes for the Mentoring Programme along with a timetable and framework for regular contact throughout the programme.
- Mentors and mentees will then get in contact on a regular basis to progress towards achievement of the mentee’s goals.
- All participants will be invited to a closing event at the end of the programme and will be asked to review their experience.
The CFA UK Mentoring Programme is designed to help mentees with specific goals, which can be achieved through the help of an experienced industry mentor. Please note, this programme is intended to help mentees develop their professional skillset. It is not intended to be a direct recruitment tool by either mentor or mentee.
We encourage your application if you are not London based and will endeavour to match you with a mentor/mentee from a similar location who can do face to face meetings. Training will only be provided on a remote basis for participants who cannot attend the launch event in London. However, we do expect that the chance of not finding a match is increased for those outside of London.
We are looking for mentors:
- Of all levels of experience/seniority
- We are particularly keen to hear from mentors who have 10+ years’ experience in a senior position within the Investment industry.
- Able to commit to monthly face-to-face one-to-one mentoring with mentee.
- Must be members of CFA UK
- Must be CFA charterholders or have the ASIP qualification
If you would like to express interest or have any questions, please email email@example.com
Initial training in how to be an effective mentor will be provided at the launch event so do not be concerned if mentoring is not something you have had experience of before.
The time commitment involved to gain mentoring experience and make a real difference in a fellow CFA UK member’s career is not large: on average, mentors in the past programme spent around 3 hours preparing, meeting and following up with mentees during each month of the programme.
Deadline: 3rd March 2019
We are looking for mentees who:
- Have a specific goal or career development they would like to work on which requires mentor guidance
- Are looking for mentor support to advance their career to the next stage
- Able to commit to monthly face-to-face one-to-one mentoring with mentor
- Must be members of CFA UK and CFA charterholders
The programme is driven by the mentees so please expect to be responsible for the success of your mentoring. Initial training in how to be an effective mentee will be provided at the launch event.
Apply by completing the application form online and emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 3rd March 2019