At CFA UK, the health and well-being of our members, candidates and staff is our top priority.
CFA UK candidates now have the option of sitting their IMC and ESG exams via remote proctoring. Please see our dedicated remote proctoring page for further information.
Important: All CFA UK examinations scheduled to take place during lockdown or in England tier 4 restriction areas will be cancelled by Pearson VUE. Exams will be cancelled for the duration that the lockdown or tier 4 measures are in place in a given area. Candidates are advised to log in to their Pearson VUE candidate account to reschedule their examination.
Please note: Due to current Covid-19 restrictions in England, the CFA UK office is closed and all staff are working from home. Unfortunately, this means that certificate dispatch is currently suspended. As soon as government restrictions allow, and when it is safe for our staff to return to the office, we will resume the print and dispatch of certificates.
We will review our position in the week commencing 22 February.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause. If you require a verification of your qualification for employment purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Digital badges will continue to be issued where appropriate.
What is the Certificate in ESG Investing?
The Certificate in ESG Investing is a level 4 qualification which delivers the benchmark knowledge and skills required by investment professionals to integrate ESG factors (environmental, social and governance) into the investment process. The first qualification of its kind in the UK, it has been developed by practitioners for practitioners.
Registrations for the new Certificate in ESG Investing opened in September 2019 and the first examinations can be scheduled from 2 December 2019.
Why should I take the Certificate in ESG Investing?
Developed in consultation with leading firms and supported by the UN PRI, the Certificate will enable you to expand your ESG knowledge and stay ahead in your field.
It has been designed for practitioners working in investment roles who want to learn how to analyse and integrate material ESG factors into their day-to-day roles.
It will also be suitable for anyone looking to improve their understanding of ESG issues working in:
- sales & distribution
- wealth management
- product development
- financial advice
The skills learned will be equally applicable to all asset classes.
How it will benefit you
- Gain a unique and practical qualification
- Improve your competitive career advantage and increase your employability
- Expand your ESG knowledge and stay ahead in your field
- CFA UK qualifications are recognised by leading firms
- Develop the skills and competencies to fulfil both your fiduciary responsibilities and your firm’s responsible investment mandates
- Successful completion can lead to the CFA UK Level 4 Diploma in Investment Management (ESG) for existing Level 4 IMC holders
- Gain a digital badge to highlight to others the skills you have acquired
There are no formal entry criteria for this qualification, but it is strongly recommended that candidates have a solid grounding in the investment process achieved via formal qualification or experience.
Fees and learning materials
- The Certificate costs £485 per candidate, including access to online Official Training Manual and the first sitting of your exam; candidates who wish to purchase a hard copy OTM may do so for an additional charge of £40.00 plus postage costs
- 100 questions assessed by multiple choice questions and item set scenarios
|CFA UK Level 4 Certificate in ESG Investing Overview
|Qualification title||CFA UK Level 4 Certificate in ESG|
|Exam registration and online learning materials||£485.00|
|Official Training Manual Cost (only available to purchase with exam registration)||£40.00 plus postage|
Syllabus Version 2
|Number of questions||100|
|Time allowed for exam||2 hours and 20 minutes|
|Total qualification time||130 hours|
|Pass mark||Between 60% and 70%|
||Between 60% and 75%|
Fitch Learning offers training and study support for the Certificate in ESG Investing. Please note that CFA UK does not currently operate a formal endorsement process.