IMC membership equips you with practical benefits to help you grow your career, achieve your professional goals, and get and stay ahead in the investment profession.
Our membership year is 1 July to 30 June and the annual membership fee for the 2019/2020 membership year is £120.00.
For all renewals, the full annual fee applies.
New members can take advantage of prorated membership see the table below for prices:
Gain professional recognition
CFA UK membership demonstrates your commitment to professional excellence, giving you recognition as an authoritative and actively engaged investment professional.
Progress your career
Take advantage of our career support services including 20 free career-related events per year and access to our Careers Centre where investment firms actively target CFA UK members. You can also use the IMC designation after your name to showcase your qualification.
Connect with like-minded peers
Grow your professional network by connecting with over 12,000 of the most qualified investment practitioners in the UK:
- attend free networking events
- connect on LinkedIn and Twitter
- join a special interest group to learn more about topics you are interested in or passionate about
- get involved in the investment community as a volunteer.
Expand your knowledge
Stay ahead by developing your knowledge and keeping up-to-date with the latest industry insights:
- attend educational events and conferences, with over 50 events per year free to members
- get unlimited access to our online Knowledge Centre where you will find filmed events, webcasts, podcasts, articles and presentations
- take advantage of free CPD certificate programmes
- enjoy access to thought-provoking articles and interviews from leading investment experts through Professional Investor content hub and historical magazine archive.
IMC membership is available to individuals who have passed the Investment Management Certificate (IMC). To be eligible, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- have passed both units of the IMC examination, or
- have passed one of the two units that make up the IMC examination and been awarded formal exemption against the other unit.
You will need your IMC candidate number (e.g. SIP11110000) and a method of payment by hand when you apply.
Protect: Speak up, stop harm helpline
CFA UK is a sponsor of the whistleblowing charity Protect (formerly Public Concern at Work) which provides a dedicated telephone number to our members.
Call 020 3117 2520 or 0800 112 4984 to report any concerns or if you need personal support. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information see our whistleblowing resources.