Success is about making smart choices. Membership offers you boundless opportunities for professional advancement, knowledge sharing and connections with like-minded professionals.
To ensure that our membership continues to represent the UK investment industry, some changes have been recently implemented - read more.
Reach your full potential
- Expand your knowledge through CFA UK Discover where you will find podcasts, videos, event recordings and professional learning plans
- Find job opportunities on our dedicated Careers Centre
Stay ahead in your career
- Keep pace with the latest insights through our weekly events programme
- Uncover thought-provoking interviews with leading investment experts via Professional Investor
Make valuable connections
- Grow your professional network by connecting with over 11,000 investment practitioners
- Join a Special Interest Group to network and share insights
- Attend free networking events whether online or in person
- Connect on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
Drive positive change
- Promote diversity, drive sustainability and champion ethical standards
- Volunteer to raise your profile and share your expertise
Gain professional recognition
CFA UK membership demonstrates your commitment to professional excellence, giving you recognition as an authoritative and actively engaged investment professional. Active members can use the relevant designation after your name to showcase your qualification:
- Active CFA UK members who hold the Associate exam can use the designation ASIP
- Active CFA UK members who hold the Investment Management Certificate can use the designation IMC
To be eligible for Local Membership you must be actively enrolled in the CFA Program or hold one of the following qualifications:
- Associate exam (ASIP)
- IMC (Investment Management Certificate)*
- Certificate in ESG Investing
- CFA Program Level I
* have passed both units of the IMC examination, or have passed one of the two units that make up the IMC examination and been awarded formal exemption against the other unit.
Our membership year is 1 July to 30 June and the annual membership fee for the 2020/2021 membership year is £120.00.
New members can take advantage of prorated membership see the table below for prices:
To apply for Local Membership with CFA UK, you will first need to register for an account.
To register for an account:
- Click on ‘Haven’t got an account? Register with us’
- You will need to enter an email address
- Create a password and submit the registration form
- Check your inbox for your activation email and activate your account
- Log in to the CFA UK Portal to apply for membership
To apply for Local Membership with CFA UK:
- Log in to the CFA UK Portal
- Click My Membership on the left
- Click Apply for Membership
- Complete the online membership application form
- Accept the terms and conditions and proceed to payment
- Pay the membership fee
- You will receive an email confirmation of your membership
- When you next log in to your account and click on My Membership, you will be able to see your active membership and links to exclusive membership benefits.
Having difficulties applying?
If you believe you are eligible for Local Membership, but are not seeing an Apply for membership button in the CFA UK Portal, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email from the email address you have registered with at CFA UK and include information on your qualification. A member of the CFA UK team will get back to you.