One of the projects our Client team is developing is putting together a register of CFA UK members who’d be willing to give their time to sit as trustees and give expertise and insights into getting the most out of their investments – thus contributing to charities’ aims and activities.
Among the considerations:
- Training for volunteers covering the main elements of being a charity trustee
- A register of willing CFA charterholders who have undergone this training
- A group of mentors who have trustee experience to guide those starting out on the programme
- Events where charities can link up with prospective trustee volunteers
- Liaison with governing bodies for charities to promote this project
Take our survey:
Do you think CFA charterholders volunteering as charity trustees could enhance the perception of our investment profession?