At CFA UK, the health and well-being of our members, candidates and staff is our top priority.
Given the impact of test centre closures in March through to the end of May, CFA UK extended a number of candidate registrations that were due to expire. Extensions were applied to all registrations due to expire from 17 March through to the end of August 2020.
What is the Certificate in ESG Investing?
The Certificate in ESG Investing is a level 4 qualification which delivers the benchmark knowledge and skills required by investment professionals to integrate ESG factors (environmental, social and governance) into the investment process. The first qualification of its kind in the UK, it has been developed by practitioners for practitioners.
Registrations for the new Certificate in ESG Investing opened in September 2019 and the first examinations can be scheduled from 2 December 2019.
Why should I take the Certificate in ESG Investing?
Developed in consultation with leading firms and supported by the UN PRI, the Certificate will enable you to expand your ESG knowledge and stay ahead in your field.
It has been designed for practitioners working in investment roles who want to learn how to analyse and integrate material ESG factors into their day-to-day roles.
It will also be suitable for anyone looking to improve their understanding of ESG issues working in:
- sales & distribution
- wealth management
- product development
- financial advice
The skills learned will be equally applicable to all asset classes.
How it will benefit you
- Gain a unique and practical qualification
- Improve your competitive career advantage and increase your employability
- Expand your ESG knowledge and stay ahead in your field
- CFA UK qualifications are recognised by leading firms
- Develop the skills and competencies to fulfil both your fiduciary responsibilities and your firm’s responsible investment mandates
- Successful completion can lead to the CFA UK Level 4 Diploma in Investment Management (ESG) for existing IMC holders
- Gain a digital badge to highlight to others the skills you have acquired
There are no formal entry criteria for this qualification, but it is strongly recommended that candidates have a solid grounding in the investment process achieved via formal qualification or experience.
Fees and learning materials
- The Certificate costs £470 per candidate, including access to online Official Training Manual and the first sitting of your exam; candidates who wish to purchase a hard copy OTM may do so for an additional charge of £40.00 plus postage costs*
- 100 questions assessed by multiple choice questions and item set scenarios
*Please be advised this price relates to Syllabus Version 2 which candidates will be tested on from the 1st of October 2020. Syllabus Version 1 OTMs are no longer available to purchase*
|CFA UK Level 4 Certificate in ESG Investing Overview
|Qualification title||CFA UK Level 4 Certificate in ESG|
|Exam registration and online learning materials||£470.00|
|Official Training Manual Cost (only available to purchase with exam registration)||£40.00 plus postage|
|Syllabus||Syllabus Version 1
From 02/09/2019 to 30/09/2020
Syllabus Version 2
|Number of questions||100|
|Time allowed for exam||2 hours and 20 minutes|
|Total qualification time||130 hours|
|Pass mark||Between 60% and 70%|
||Between 60% and 75%|
Fitch Learning offers training and study support for the Certificate in ESG Investing. Please note that CFA UK does not currently operate a formal endorsement process.