Remote examinations now live
From today, all CFA UK exam candidates will have the option to register to sit their exams from home, rather than in-person at a test centre.
For further information visit our Remote examinations page.
Level 4 IMC Exam fees
Unit 1 Investment Environment
Unit 2 Investment Practice
Unit 1 Investment Environment & Unit 2 Investment Practice
- Recommend candidates to start study first and register for the exam 1 month before wishing to sit the exam.
- Exams take place daily Monday to Friday and can change on an hourly basis.
- Candidates can only view exam availability after registering for the exam.
- Click here to search for your nearest IMC test centre.
- The IMC examination fee does not include any study material.
- Once candidates register and pay for the IMC exam they are required to wait 2 working days before they are permitted to schedule the exam.
- From the date candidates pay for a IMC exam registration, the registration is valid for 12 months. If you do not take the exam within this period your registration fee will be forfeited.
- You will need to present ID on the day of the exam. Please refer to the Taking the IMC exams section in our IMC FAQs for further information on ID requirements.
- Candidates wishing to reschedule or cancel an arranged exam appointment are required to provide more than 72 hours notice to reschedule an IMC examination, prior to the appointment time.
- If candidates fail the IMC exam or are absent from an arranged exam appointment they are required to re-register and pay the full exam fee again before they are permitted to schedule another exam sitting.
What happens on the day?
1. Test Centre
It is important to arrive at your test centre at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start of your test. If you arrive after this time, you will not be admitted and you will have to re-register and pay the full exam fee again before they are permitted to schedule another exam sitting.
Test centre reception
When you enter the test centre you must proceed to the reception desk, where you will be asked to present your ID.
The test centre staff will give you further instructions: whether to wait in the seating area or head straight to one of the numbered computer terminals in the testing room.
Test centre locker
You will be asked to leave any personal items in the lockers beside the seating area.
You are not permitted to take anything into the testing room. This means no watches, wallets, bags, pens, papers, books, stationery, food, water, mobile phones and other electrical devices such as tablets and calculators.
At your appointment time you will be asked to enter the testing room, where you will have a numbered desk with a computer terminal.
You will be provided with one small whiteboard and a whiteboard pen.
Pearsons Vue provide examinations for many awarding bodies so it is likely that candidates sitting alternative exams will be in the testing room with you.
There is an invigilation desk in the testing room, from which the invigilator has a clear line of sight to every desk and computer. Your computer will only display the exam for which you are registered.
Test centre reception
Once you have completed your examination, follow the instructions on screen and leave the testing room.
Proceed to the reception desk where the Test Centre Administrator will hand you a print out of your provisional examination results.
2.OnVue Online Proctering
Candidates with either:
- physical disability, permanent/temporary, (e.g. visual or hearing impairment) or
- long standing learning difficulties (e.g. dyslexia) can apply for a reasonable adjustment for the IMC exam. Please review our policy for full details.
First candidate should register and pay for the IMC exams online.
Candidates must email email@example.com the completed Reasonable Adjustments form with supporting documentation prior scheduling the IMC exam.