The committee comments on proposed legislation on accounting issues as they affect the investment profession. Its main areas of responsibility are:
- To identify and monitor developments in key accounting, auditing and corporate reporting standards as they affect the quality of the financial statements, and other best practices, likely to affect CFA UK members.
- To report regularly to members on issues likely to affect financial reporting and analysis.
- To investigate and assess relevant developments in financial reporting in order to determine whether CFA UK should undertake any necessary action.
- To consult CFA UK members where such input could be helpful in developing and promoting the society’s and CFA Institute’s advocacy positions.
- To draft accounting advocacy papers and other materials on behalf of CFA UK.
- To enable the society to provide input to CFA Institute for use in responses to international or pan-European bodies and/or to allow the society to respond directly on accounting matters.
To volunteer your services for this committee, email a covering letter and your CV to the society's chief executive.