The Social and Networking Committee exists to lead the staffed office in setting the strategic framework for CFA UK’s social and networking programme of events.
Accomplishments for 2016/17
- Informal pub meets through the year themed around fixed income, equities and other roles.
- Well attended Tapas evening
- Successful Pub Quiz
- Recruitment of committee members (currently 7) with help from the staffed office.
Main areas of focus for 2017/18
- Enhance member engagement and experience through participation in social events through the year
- Promote the society's mission to members and their organisations through the social platform
- Receive informal feedback from members regarding their expectations from the Society
- Create cohesive sub groups along the lines of personal interests of members including sports, wine tasting, pub quizzes, themed cultural evenings etc.
- Monthly pub meets to facilitate networking amongst members with special interest
- Raise funds for the society's charity through sporting events
- Work together with the staffed office on the Annual Dinner